Follow us on Facebook

MY WASH DAY: Step By Step


Wash day seems exciting to me. If you have a full head of natural hair,wash day can be a bit intimidating,thats if your new to the natural hair scene. My hair is short,so its pretty easy. Knowing what steps to follow on a wash day is priceless. Am going to share my steps on getting through a wash day. This is just my personal routine.

1.) PRE-POO: pre(sham)poo. Before i shampoo,i prepoo with oils because the entire process of washing can be very rough on the hair most especially the roots. This process is a pre shampoo process... This is just to add moisture to my hair follicles and get it prepared for the manipulation to follow. Today,i used oil(olive) with a lil honey. What you use is solely up to you...
I gather all my ingredients. Pour in a bowl and mix. With my hair sectioned,i apply throughly from root to ends. I equally went on to detangle with a wide tooth comb. I let this sit for 30mins with a shower cap over it. I do this to let the oils get locked in properly. I move to rinse off with cold water.

2.) SHAMPOO: For this,am using black soap (dudu osun). Its very effective. I just place the bar in a cup and add some water. I allow it to stay for some minutes allowing the lather to form. I proceed to pour on my hair bit by bit as i scrub the hair starting from the front,side to back paying close attention to the roots. As i scrub,i add more shampoo till satisfied. I finally rinsed out with cold water.
This is the very stage i love to trim my ends. Havent done this in a while. Timming on a wet or damp hair is much better to me because it helps you see where and where needs to be touched .

3.) CO-WASH: washing with conditioner. I used the GENTELLE HAIR FRUITS CONDITIONER with the peach and sunflower scent. Its a local one though but i love the feel and smell of it on my hair. I compared it with other conditioners and i fell in love with it. Am yet to try another.
I massaged a reasonable quantity on my hair,massaging all through. I proceeded to comb my hair from my roots gently,To ensure no tangles and equally to let the conditioner go round. I rinse out with cold water. I prefer cold water because it helps to close the hair cuticles. Using hot water tends to open the holes up making all the nutrients escape... Time wasted,money waste. Thats not good.
I wipe dry with a clean Tshirt. Towel is not good for the hair. Take note.
Hair fruit conditioner


4.)SEALING: I didnt deep condition today. Reasons being i deep condition twice a month and not every time i wash my hair. That will be overfeeding.LOL.
If you wanna deep condition, you can go ahead just before you seal your hair up.
I went on to seal my hair with some hair oils. I mixed coconut oil with some olive oil and a little aloe vera. I applied all over my hair. I equally applied some shea butter just to my front hair. I combed through.


5.) STYLING: You got to style to keep the treatment locked in. I did two strand twist out...i cant take a pics because thats a post for another day.
          Wash day is so fun for me. A day to feed my hair and play with it.
Have to discover wash day routine differs. Many skip co washing and move on to deep condition, some dont pree poo. It all depends on what your hair needs. Feed it with the right ingredients and watch it grow bountfully...
Feel free to let us know what your routine looks like.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment