Follow us on Facebook

MY CHUNKY TWIST OUT

Hello Beauties,its another lovely day... Ever thought of a quick hairstyle on a very good day? I call it my CHUNKY TWIST OUT. Its very easy and comfortable to carry around. Am just gonna give a rundown on how i carry this out.
You dont need much. Just make sure  got your wide tooth comb,afro comb,some moisturizer (i used shea butter for this),your favourite conditioner,few bobby pins and any other necessay thing.
I start out with a freshly Cowashed hair. I just apply some conditioner on my hair and wash out after some time. I dry my hair with an old Tshirt. I really like my hair to be damp while twisting,so i dont dry my hair completely.

              First of all,I divide my hair into four parts. My hair is short,the sections Didnt hold but i managed to clip them down. I made sure to apply my shea butter into the sections massaging gently into the scalp...
I start off with one section of the hair. Taking out a little part of my hair,i apply the liquid from my spray bottle (conditioner,olive oil) and a little creamy moisturizer onto it. I massaged gently and start to twist just with two strands. I kept twisting till i reached my ends. I made sure they are tight to avoid getting loosed anytime soon. I moved on to twist the rest till my whole hair is twisted. I like doing this line by line to get a well arranged pattern. Dont scatter them. The smaller your twists,the tighter they are.
I love carrying them overnight... All depending on how long i want the hair to last. Sometimes,i carry it for two days,sometimes just a day. This is just to ensure the twists become stronger and tighter.

                 My hair is short making me look weird going round with this. So during this days,i rock my scarves,hats,warmer etc.
Time to take them out??? I first oil my hands using some olive oil. I untwist one of the twist bit by bit into two strands.
Gently,pick up one of the strands and pull by the sides from the roots. Avoid pulling to your ends. Pull and end somewhere before your ends.
                This is the difference between the chunky twist outs and other twist outs. Your ends should remain twisted and locked in. This is what gives it the chunky look. I repeated for the other strand and all other twists. I keep applying oil to keep them shiny and easy to untwist.

Finally,i used my Afro comb to lift them up from the roots. I didnt comb out. That will destroy all your twists. I simply put in the comb in some areas and lift. This is to add more volume and fullness to the hair. You could add some bobby pins to the sides to get your desired style

I some much love this style on days i dont have my protective style on. I just love the chunky look. You can try this on a longer hair. Do share your results.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment